Monday, April 27, 2015

I am late on last weeks post because I have recently started getting my life back however, I am going to do 2 posts this week. I have decided i will bve going into a deeper explanation of autism. I have 2 God sisters, they are twins, however one of them is a lower spectrum autism (phoebe). She is very intelligent (especially with phones and technology). Her parents and the family wouldlike if she woiuld interact with people more however i feel like she reacts with people in herv own way. She is very independent and is always on some sort of technology. When i baby sit her she is the easiest child to baby sit because she is so calm we just watch movies, and play on her ipad. Her sister (Emma) is actually the one you have to keep a closer eye on because she is so rambuctious. Phoebe is just more reserved and "in her owm world". It is known that autistic kids have a harder time interacting with others because to communicate with other people you have to be able to respond or iniate interactions. They tend to only do this when they want something, and tend to be not very sociable. What people tend to forget is that there are other ways to communicate without words. They can communicate by crying, taking the adults hand to the object they desire, looking at the object they desire, reaching, using pictures and echolalia. if people wIt may be hard to understand but not impossible. Love, a hopefully understanding, Ally Gee P.S. Sometimes the kids will talk to people that they like. Phoebe talks to me more than she talks to her mom and Dad. I have a video but i donmgt know how to put it on here, so it will be in my presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I love these genius hours that deal with real life problems. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete