Tuesday, April 7, 2015



My English teacher wanted us to make blogs so we could all keep up with each other on this Genius Hour project. So as my status report I would like to tell that I, Ally Gee, have gotten nothing done and would also love to report that I haven't even chosen a topic or have an idea of what I'm going to do. Hopefully in the blog post, next week ( as there will be more of my candor posts) I will have my topic chosen and have a better idea of what I hopefully going to become genius on, as that is the point of this project.
    
Genius Hour is a very precise project where you choose one topic and become a genius on it. Honestly the one thing I wish was a genius on was friendship, because obviously I wasn't. Honestly I think I'm going to do my project on how humans interact with each other and why we love, hate, betray, gossip and most importantly (to me) lie to each other.


Genius Hour hopefully be a calm way to end the English year and hopefully I can just focus on it, but pass all my STAAR tests at the same time. Genius hour is a cultivating way of learning and very appealing to most people because teachers are constantly telling us what we are going to learn, when we are going to learn it, how we are going to learn it and then we usually get a test over it. Genius Hour gives you time and a chance to do your own thing for once and many people like that. As I am writing this I am trying to choose a topic. still got nothing.
                                                      


                                               Sincerely,


                                                                an Indecisive Ally Gee














P.S. This week try to stay candor and be honest with everyone. Better to make people cry being honest than to lie making them smile.

5 comments:

  1. I'm equally trying to come up with something constructive to say (since it is required of me) while also saying something hilariously witty. So, I don't know if this is helpful or not, but here is a quote that seems pretty inspirational. "Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It's how true friends talk." Or maybe it's just stupid and because we are teenagers who look for inspiration and justification among anything we find comfort in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly, I appreciate your honesty! This isn't about a pretty, polished, perfect product, but a process that is sometimes messy and full of crazy turns. If you come up with more than one idea, ask yourself to answer QUICKLY which one are you more excited about? That's the one you should do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good cant wai't to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think studying how humans interact with each other is a great idea. If you find out thetrue secret it will be such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's so cool, I'm looking forward to learning about this. My cousin is autistic and acts just like that, he's very good with technology.

    ReplyDelete